Halle Berry's stalker ordered to stay away from actress and her daughter for three years
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 12:22 AM on 2nd August 2011
A man accused of stalking Halle Berry has been ordered to stay away from the actress and her daughter for the next three years.
Richard Franco, who allegedly jumped the wall of the Oscar winner's home three times in three days, must stay at least 100 yards away from Berry and three-year-old Nahla.
Los Angeles Superior Judge Carol Goodson's order extends a temporary directive she issued on July 12 - just 24 hours after cops arrested the 27-year-old. It will remain in place until August 1, 2014.
Stalker drama: Halle Berry put her worries aside as she played with her daughter Nahla in Malibu yesterday
Franco, from Commerce, California, is accused of felony stalking and burglary after allegedly entering Berry's Hollywood Hills property three times over a three-day period last month.
The Monster's Ball star told officials she 'feared for her life' after she came face to face with her alleged stalker in her home.
Berry said she had been in her garage, which is converted into a salon, on Saturday July 9th when she decided to fetch a Diet Coke from the kitchen.
'As I opened my glass kitchen door and closed it behind me, all of a sudden I sensed someone behind me, staring through my glass kitchen door,' she said in a sworn declaration.
Beach time: The star bonded with her daughter and a day earlier, her boyfriend Olivier Martinez also spent time with Nahla
'Panicking and in fear of my life, I turned my body and quickly hit the deadbolt lock on the glass door.
'I grabbed my phone and ran as fast as I could upstairs, slamming each door behind me as I ran.'
Berry, 44, then called the police and informed them of the terrifying break in.
'He has terrorized me and my family in three consecutive incidents over the last three days,' she stated in the declaration which was dated July 12.
Order: An LA judge issued a restraining order against Halle Berry's stalker Richard Franco today
'This person has invaded and trampled upon the most fundamental sense of security I have and I am extremely frightened of him and what he might do to me and those I love.'
Berry revealed that when she clapped eyes on Franco, he was carrying a book with 'nonsensical ramblings and my name written in his handwriting'.
The alleged stalker was arrested on the night of July 11.
Neither Berry nor Franco, who is currently behind bars, were present for today's court hearing.
Franco is accused of one count of stalking and one count of first-degree residential burglary following his alleged break-in at Berry's home. He is due in court on Thursday.
Franco is currently on probation after pleading no contest to an unrelated misdemeanor battery charge in June this year.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2021298/Halle-Berrys-stalker-ordered-stay-away-actress-daughter-years.html#ixzz1TpGgb7Tv