Tuesday 20 May 2014

Halle Berry tells of her shock at 'miracle baby' at 47 when she was 'premenopausal' on "Ellen"

'They call it a geriatric pregnancy!' Halle Berry tells of her shock at 'miracle baby' at 47 when she was 'premenopausal'

She gave birth to son Maceo seven months ago but Halle Berry has admitted her second pregnancy was a complete shock.
The 47-year-old actress - who already has daughter Nahla from a previous relationship with Gabriel Aubry - admitted she was dumbfounded when she and now husband Olivier Martinez found out she was expecting because she had been feeling 'premenopausal' and didn't think she could conceive. 
Halle told chat show host Ellen DeGeneres in a new episode airing on Tuesday: 'They call it a geriatric pregnancy,' before adding: 'I was, you know, on my way…this is probably way TMI, but I was really, you know, kinda premenopausal so to have this happen was a huge [shock].'
Scroll down for video
Total shock: Halle Berry opened up to Ellen DeGeneres about having a baby at the age of 47, admitting she was totally shocked
Total shock: Halle Berry opened up to Ellen DeGeneres about having a baby at the age of 47, admitting she was totally shocked

And Halle credits her daughter's prayers for a sibling with being responsible for this 'miracle' pregnancy.
She said: 'I mean, I didn’t think it was possible to have another baby and I thought for sure I had a need never to get married again. So, I’ve learned never to say never.
'Nahla prayed and prayed for him for like a year and a half for a baby and a bunk bed and she got both of those things.'
After Ellen said, 'Love changes everything,' Halle wryly replied: 'Ya…or a baby does for sure.'
When Ellen said, 'It's a miracle,' Halle replied, 'Only her prayers could have done this. I didn’t think it was possible at my age, honestly.'
Miracle: Halle told Ellen that she considers her son a miracle baby and believes it was her daughter's prayers that helped her get pregnant
Miracle: Halle told Ellen that she considers her son a miracle baby and believes it was her daughter's prayers that helped her get pregnant

She added: 'So she’s just like, he’s like one of her dollies that came to life.
'You know and all she wants to do is change his clothes. Like she’ll purposely like throw something on his shirt and say, "Oh mommy, he’s got to change his shirt. He has a mess on him!" She just likes to change his clothes, change his diapers…'
Halle also went into detail on nursing her son. Ellen asked: 'And is he a good baby? Is he sleeping? Is he like this magical little thing? I mean they all are right?'
And Halle replied: 'They all are and we think he is in our house. But there’s a difference between boys and girls.
'You know, I’m nursing both…I breastfed Nahla and I’m nursing my baby. When I would put Nahla on the boob she would go (light sucking) a nice little girly suck with him it's like (chomping suck) he’s like sucking the life out of me. So I see the difference between boys and girls.'
To which Ellen joked: 'That was TMI in my opinion, but okay.'
Family fun: Halle, her husband Olivier Martinez and children Nahla and Maceo enjoyed brunch together in LA last week
Family fun: Halle, her husband Olivier Martinez and children Nahla and Maceo enjoyed brunch together in LA last week



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2633543/Halle-Berry-tells-shock-miracle-baby-47-premenopausal.html#ixzz32FGO2UzW
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment