Tuesday 28 February 2017

Vogue: Halle Berry Shut Down the Oscars Red Carpet in Custom Atelier Versace


Halle Berry Shut Down the Oscars Red Carpet in Custom Atelier Versace


Photo: Getty Images
“There is nothing better than being able to collaborate with my best friend,” said actress Halle Berry of Lindsay Flores, her stylist of 15 years. “Lindsay has always been able to understand my individual sense of style. Her keen eye, and elevated sense of fashion, takes my style to the next level. Simply put, she’s my secret weapon!” And last night, as Berry took to the Oscars dressed in a blush pink Atelier Versace dress, Vince Camuto shoes, and Forevermark jewelry, it was clear just how impactful that fashion connection was.
“We really responded to this Atelier Versace gown because it embodied the perfect balance of classic Oscar glamour met with a modern rock and roll edge,” said Flores. “Halle has a personal relationship with Donatella and has worn both Donatella and Gianni [designs] over the years. The Versace aesthetic is all about strong and powerful women, which is so intrinsically Halle.” The resulting dress featured intricate embellishments that worked to flatter the 50-year-old actress’s gorgeous body. It was an especially great fit for Berry, whose red-carpet style has always tended toward bold and beautiful. “I have always marched to the beat to my own drum, and I think this red-carpet look encapsulates that,” said Berry. “The dress is glamorous with a sense of romance that made me feel feminine and fresh. With this look, I celebrate my natural hair by allowing it to be wild and free.”
Working with Castillo Bataille from TACK Artist Group on her coiffure and Kara Yoshimoto Bua on her makeup, Berry’s final look was composed and striking. Where other finishing touches were concerned, such as red-carpet jewelry, Berry and Flores had a chic, less-is-more approach. “I generally choose something gorgeous but minimal,” said Berry. “This year I found the perfect jewelry that really enhances my dress perfectly.” Having collaborated together for almost two decades, does the pair have any favorite moments? “The Elie Saab dress I won my Oscar in!” said Berry. For her part, Flores cited the Monique Lhuillier ensemble the actress sported to the 2013 BET Awards. “It is more about how I feel in the dress than anything else,” said Berry. “I just have to feel my best self.” And yesterday, Berry and Flores proved the power of the right dress yet again.
 Cliff Watts

No comments:

Post a Comment