Wednesday 10 November 2010

Halle’s relief at getting film made

Halle’s relief at getting film made

Wednesday 10th November 2010, 2:00PM GMT.
Halle Berry was worried her latest film would be shelved
Halle Berry was worried her latest film would be shelved
Halle Berry has admitted she was worried her new movie Frankie & Alice would be shelved.
Academy Award buzz may be building for the moving psychological drama, but the Oscar-winning star said she was just pleased to have audiences finally see the film.
“Honestly, it’s been a long time coming for me. I thought it was just going to end up on a shelf and now this year, surprisingly, we got a distributor and here it comes,” she explained on the red carpet at this year’s AFI Fest in Hollywood.
“You know, buzz is nice but I’m just happy this movie is coming out – that’s the award for me right now,” she insisted.
The film, which is also produced by Halle, is based on the harrowing true story of Frankie Murdoch, a woman suffering with multiple personality disorder in Los Angeles in the 1970s.
“It fascinated me when an actor friend told me about it,” Halle said.
“I thought ‘wow, a black woman who has an alter that’s a white somewhat racist woman’ – just that line alone was intriguing to me and I wanted to understand how something like that could happen, so that’s where it started,” she revealed.


Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/showbiz-news/2010/11/10/halles-relief-at-getting-film-made/#ixzz14vSIR6zL

No comments:

Post a Comment