Sunday 13 May 2012

My Mother's Day Is Cloaked in Mystery - People.com


Halle Berry: My Mother's Day Is Cloaked in Mystery

Sunday May 13, 2012 01:45 PM EDT
Halle Berry: My Mother's Day Is Cloaked in Mystery | Halle Berry
Halle Berry and daughter Nahla
Splash News Online

What's Halle Berry doing for Mother's Day? She has no idea.

"They're in cahoots!" Berry told PEOPLE on Saturday of the scheming by daughter Nahla, 4, and fiancé Olivier Martinez. "She and Olivier have big plans for me, I hear, but it's a secret."

No matter what, things should work out well. "As long as it's with them," Berry says. "Whatever it is will be fantastic."

And chances are, she says, it'll have her laughing, as one of Nahla's most delightful traits is her sense of humor.

"What I see in her right now is she is incredibly funny," the actress says with a smile spreading across her face. "There's a side of me that can be funny that I think nobody ever gets to see, but she is incredibly funny, and very witty, and has a very good sense of humor, and I love that."

On a more serious note, Berry, who served as co-host to the weekend's 19th Annual EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women in L.A., says becoming a mother has made her even more dedicated to causes such as raising money to fight breast cancer.

"I always thought that I was pretty aware, especially about women's health issues, being a woman," she says, "but having a little girl I certainly am concerned and I want to try and do everything I can to help protect her and being a part of moments like this that raise awareness that will ultimately one day benefit her is really important." 

No comments:

Post a Comment